For 2017 we have organised both U18 or U16 races. These are both upper end (A) races for the age category limits. Both these courses will be suitably marked for the age groups and summit the main mountain Moel Famau. Full WFRA requirements apply.
For these races to go ahead we need the online sign-up of at least 10 runners at least 2 weeks before the race date in each age race to justify additional marking and marshalling.
2017 Clwydian Hills Fell Race
The next race is on Sunday 22nd October 2017.
- Registration at Cilcain Village Hall, race start allow 5 mins walk (to waterworks)
- Grid ref: SJ 177 653 , SatNav postcode CH7 5NN
- Registration from 9.30 until 10.30am for 11am race start
- £6 entry fee – on race day or online – ONLINE ENTRY OPEN MAY/JUNE
- Over 18 only
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with queries
To take part in this event the basic gear requirements are:
- Full body windproof cover
- Compass and whistle
- You may be asked to carry full body waterproof cover, hat & gloves.
Race Insurance Cert: TBC
(Wet weather race route – decision made on day: TBC)
The race is held annually in the autumn, usually the first weekend in November but the date varies to accommodate other WFRA races and race series as required.