Sheeptracks Fell Race
The next race: 10am Sunday 25th February 2018.
- Registration at Start Line tent/van (allow 5 mins walk from Viewpoint parking, 15 mins walk from village)
- Start grid ref: SJ 166 653 – nearest postcode CH7 5NZ
- Viewpoint parking grid ref: SJ 169 652 – nearest postcode CH7 5PB – see map below
- Registration from 8.45 until 9.45am for 10am race start
- Main race (Over 18) £8 entry fee – online only
- ONLINE ENTRY OPEN
Getting to Cilcain: Viewpoint/Golygfan is signposted from the main road into the village from the Mold-Denbigh road (A541). If coming from the other direction then head up past the White Horse pub from the crossroads in the village. Past the church and keep going up the hill. Turn left (signed) just past the houses on the right.
Parking: Where possible please car share as the parking is limited at the Viewpoint. There is room for additional car parking on the grass verge along the viewpoint road but please ensure your car is well on the verge and not obstructing the road way. Please do not block any gates. More parking is available down in the village (circa 1km – 10 minute walk up the hill). Please click the below map for parking areas:
Registration: 9.00-9.45am. At Start Tent/Van. Please allow plenty of time to check-in for registration, pickup your race pack and read the safety information. Safety pins are available for small donation.
Kit Requirements: See attached Race Info sheet for more detail. The weather can be grim on the hills during February so you should prepare for the worst. Due to the time of year, length of race and as a Category AL race (Hard) it is MANDATORY to CARRY the following:
- Waterproof full body cover
- Spare thermal layer – full body i.e. top & bottoms
- Hat & Gloves
- Map (a waterproof 1:25k pre-marked with checkpoints will be provided to all runners)
- Compass & Whistle
- Sufficient food & drink for your own requirements
Race Brief: 9.50am Will be at the Race Start at the top crossroads which are a 5 minute walk from the viewpoint carpark or 15 minute walk up from the village centre.
Race Start: 10am We are operating cut-offs at the manned checkpoints so any late starts will need to clear CP5 by the allotted time. Give yourself a chance – be at the start on time!
Toilets: A chemical toilet will be available at start/finish line – will be interesting if the wind is blowing! Nearest public toilets are down in the village behind the Village Hall so maybe worthwhile calling there on your way past 😉
After Race: Refreshments are available after the race (tea & coffee, cakes) for free in the registration tent.
Last Minute Shopping: The Shop/Cafe (down in the village should be open) usually has a good range of tasty treats either for the hill or just late breakfast. Also great coffee for caffeine addicts.