Clwydian Hills Fell Race
14.5km 900m AM LK NS
The next race is PROVISIONALLY on Sunday 31st October 2021.
- Online entry & registrations on day
- Grid ref: SJ 177 653 , SatNav postcode CH7 5NN
- Main race (Over 18) £7 entry fee
- Possible Junior Race (Over 14/Over 16) please contact
Getting to Cilcain: Waterworks postcode is CH7 5PF. The final couple of miles to the village is on narrow roads except the road in from the A541 so allow a little extra time and drive safely. The best road into the village comes off the Mold-Denbigh A541 – which at least has white lines!
Parking: VERY limited parking at the Waterworks. Suggest parking at the Viewpoint parking or in the village and walking down.
Please park respectful of the residents – don’t block gates, driveways, junctions, etc. There is good parking at the viewpoint parking above the village.
Kit Dump: There will be a kit dump for you to leave bags, car keys, etc. at the start/finish which will be fully staffed whilst you are out on the fells.
Kit Requirements: See attached Race Info sheet for more detail. The weather can be grim on the fells during October and although it has been kind for a number of years you should prepare for the worst. The suggestion is to Wear or Carry the lot! As a Category A race (Hard) it is mandatory to CARRY:
- Windproof full body cover
- You may be asked to carry – Waterproof full body cover
- Map (these will be available at registration, or you can print out from the website, or attached to pre-reg email)
- (A limited supply of waterproof film maps available for a small charge of £1 – please request one if required)
- Sufficient food & drink to finish the race
Registration: Village hall from 9am
Race Brief: 10 mins before race at start line
Race Start: 11am
After Race: If Covid guidance allows – soup will be served in the village hall
Cilcain Water Works, Cilcain, CH7 5PF
- Race Start – 11.00am
- Race Finish – 12.15pm-2.00pm