Sheeptracks Fell Race
The next race: 10am Sunday ?? February 2019.
- Registration at Village Hall CH7 5NN (allow 5-10 mins walk to start from village)
- Start grid ref: SJ 166 653 – nearest postcode CH7 5NN
- Registration from 9.00 until 9.45am for 10am race start
- Main race (Over 18) £8 entry fee – online only
- ONLINE ENTRY OPEN circa Nov/Dec 2018
Parking: Where possible please car share as the parking is limited in the village. The viewpoint car park above the village (5min walk) offers additional parking. Please do not block any gates.
Registration: 9.00-9.45am. At Village Hall. Please allow plenty of time to check-in for registration, pickup your race pack and read the safety information. Safety pins are available for small donation.
Kit Requirements: See attached Race Info sheet for more detail. The weather can be grim on the hills during February so you should prepare for the worst. Due to the time of year, length of race and as a Category AL race (Hard) it is MANDATORY to CARRY the following:
- Waterproof full body cover
- Spare thermal layer – full body i.e. top & bottoms
- Hat & Gloves
- Map (a waterproof 1:25k pre-marked with checkpoints will be provided to all runners)
- Compass & Whistle
- Sufficient food & drink for your own requirements
Race Brief: 9.50am Will be at the Race Start at the Waterworks which are a 5-10 minute walk from the village hall.
Race Start: 10am We are operating cut-offs at the manned checkpoints so any late starts will need to run faster! Give yourself a chance – be at the start on time!
Toilets: Toilets are available in the Village Hall but nothing available at the start/finish line apart from au natural facilities.
After Race: Refreshments are available after the race (tea & coffee, cakes) for free in the village hall.
Last Minute Shopping: The community shop is now run from the back room of the village hall and will be open in the morning for last minute snacks.