Sheeptracks Fell Race
The next race: 10am Sunday 23rd February 2020.
- Registration & Start at Village Hall SJ 166 653 CH7 5NN
- Registration from 8.45 until 9.45am for 10am race start
- Main race (Over 18) £8 entry fee – online only
Parking: Where possible please car share as the parking is limited in the village. The viewpoint car park above the village (5min walk) offers additional parking. Please do not block any gates or driveways
Registration: 8.45-9.45am. At Village Hall. Please allow plenty of time to check-in for registration, pickup your race pack and read the safety information. Safety pins are available for small donation. Should have the burco on for hot drinks but maybe a DIY approach 😉
Kit Requirements: See attached Race Info sheet for more detail. The weather can be grim on the hills during February so you should prepare for the worst. Due to the time of year, length of race and as a Category AL race (Hard) it is MANDATORY to WEAR or CARRY the following:
- Windproof full body cover
- Waterproof full body cover
- Spare thermal layer – full body i.e. top & bottoms
- Hat & Gloves
- Foil-lined bivvy bag/emergency shelter (£3 from ebay – light, will save your life)
- Map (a waterproof 1:25k pre-marked with checkpoints will be provided to all runners)
- Compass & Whistle
- Sufficient food & drink for your own requirements
Race Brief: 9.50am Will be at the Race Start from just outside the village hall.
Race Start: 10am We are operating cut-offs at the manned checkpoints so any late starts will need to run faster! Give yourself a chance – be at the start on time!
Safety Cut-off: We operate a safety cut-off to trim the race to a nominal 5 hours which allows a little margin to allow a short daylight search operation if runners go missing. The cut-off checkpoints are located to allow ‘early-bath’ options to all runners who may not be on good form whilst still giving a good day out.
Toilets: Toilets are available in the Village Hall. If you need to go during the race then remember – Leave no turd unstoned.
After Race: Refreshments are available after the race (tea & coffee, cakes) for free in the village hall to racers. Hot food (Spicy Bean Stew or similar) will be available also.
Last Minute Shopping: The community shop is now run from the back room of the village hall and will be open in the morning for last minute snackage.
Cilcain – North East Wales
Cilcain Village Hall, Cilcain, CH7 5NN
- Registration – 8.45-9.45am
- Race Start – 10.00am
- Race Finish – 12.45pm-3.00pm
- Prize giving circa 2pm