Sheeptracks Fell Race
The next race: 10am Sunday 25th February 2024.
- Registration & Start – Ponderosa Cafe, Horseshoe Pass
- Registration from 8.45 until 9.45am for 10am race start
- Main race (Over 18) £7 entry fee – online only
Parking: Park off-road on substantial verge area on small road to Moel y Faen quarry SJ 1904 4818
Registration: 8.45-9.45am. Entrance hall in Ponderosa.
Kit Requirements: See attached Race Info sheet for more detail. The weather can be grim on the hills during February so you should prepare for the worst. Due to the time of year, length of race and as a Category AL race (Hard) it is MANDATORY to WEAR or CARRY the following:
- Windproof full body cover
- Waterproof full body cover
- Spare thermal layer – full body i.e. top (& bottoms if you in shorts)
- Hat & Gloves
- Recommended: Foil-lined bivvy bag/emergency shelter (£3 from ebay – 85g will save your life)
- Map (a waterproof 1:25k pre-marked with checkpoints will be issued with race number)
- Compass & Whistle
- Sufficient food & drink for your own requirements
Race Brief: 9.50am Will be at the Race Start on east side of cafe
Race Start: 10am We are operating cut-offs at the manned checkpoints so any late starts will need to run faster! Give yourself a chance – be at the start on time!
Safety Cut-off: We operate a safety cut-off to trim the race to a nominal 5 hours which allows a little margin to allow a short daylight search operation if runners go missing. The cut-off checkpoints are located to allow ‘early-bath’ options to all runners who may not be on good form whilst still giving a good day out.
Toilets: Toilets are available at start/finish. If you need to go during the race then remember – Leave no turd unstoned.
After Race: The cafe will be open until 4pm – no refreshments included in entry fee
- Registration – 8.45-9.45am
- Race Start – 10.00am
- Race Finish – 12.45pm-3.00pm
- Prize giving circa 2pm